The availability of an activity (course or experience) is composed of 2 parts in PICSMENTOR: one for the activity and one for the photographer (you!).
For an activity to be visible - and bookable - by a client, both parts need to be “green”.
When you create a course or an experience, you’re able to set dates when you’re activity is taking place:
- You simply set a very specific date for it.
- You can set a recurrence by allowing/blocking dates (for example, you could always block an activity on Mondays)
- It can be left blank (your activity is by default always available)
The second part that defines the availability of a given activity is your own personal availability. This is set in the Dashboard.
For an activity to be visible - and bookable - by a client on a given day, it must be:
- Happening on a day set in the activity's calendar.
- Happening at a time when you are available according to your availabilities.
In addition, the system default setting sets the activity or you as available.
✴︎ ✴︎ ✴︎
Jon Snow, a photographer, decides to propose and experience entitled “Photography in King’s Landing”. It lasts 3 hours and Jon decides to run it every Saturday and Sunday.
1. In the description of his experience, in the agenda section, he blocks all days except Tuesdays and Saturdays for the coming month of May - the best season for the greatest light on the river Blackwater - in a few clicks.
That gives Tuesdays 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th of May.
and Saturdays 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th of May.
2. In parallel, Jon fills up his availabilities on his Dashboard in PICSMENTOR. He’s always available in May, except between the 10th and the 19th of May when he plans to visit his sister Sansa Stark in Winterfell. 🐺
3. PICSMENTOR will then mix both parts and produce the calendar when clients will be able to book Jon’s activity. Cersei Lannister (a big fan of Jon's work) will thus be able to choose between the 5 possible dates to discover the beautiful scenery of King's Landing.
TO SUM UP:
One option for Jon:
Jon could propose a punctual experience on the 15th of May for example while in Winterfell by proposing an architecture photography experience to capture the best views.
PS: We took some liberty with the storyline of Game of Thrones, but that's for the sake of this example. Winter is coming!!! ❄️